Hurley

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another weekend...another project for the basement. Now it's time to make the room livable. That means i've gotta get the cable hooked up for the high-speed internet (and so i can watch the game later tonight!)
















Lovely smile. man i'm a dork.
















More cable. I went to install it, then realized i didn't have the right chuck for my drill, so i had to go BACK to Home Depot and pick up a $1.75 part. Then i was able to drill the holes and install the cable connections.

Yes...that IS a smurf looking over my shoulder. I've already explained that i'm a dork, and i'm also a child of the 1980's.
















Ok, so the cable is hooked up (that's extra in the middle of the room.). the desk is in place. the cat is in place. We're moving along here.

I have 7 boxes of crap to put up on the walls and display. Stuff like plaques, trophies, nick-nacks, statues, autographed sneakers (from Nelly). Lots of cool stuff. I'm gonna have to get rid of some of it, we're running out of room!

Also trying to figure out where to put my lava lamp collection. I've got 4 now, and haven't got a clue where to put them all. I took one to my office in Lancaster, but the rest are gonna end up in the rec room.
















Yet MORE of the CD collection. This time, we had to empty out the CD rack so we could actually pick it up and move it. Look closely, there's actually a copy of "Hampsterdance, The Album" buried in there. Yes, my shame is great.
















Now we're getting somewhere! Here's the wet-bar taking shape. Yes, there's a neon light and a LOUNGE sign. Still got a lot of little things to add (lights, artwork, etc). But it's gonna be nice to have a little corner in the rec room devoted to martinis! haha. Maybe we'll move Martini-Fridays to my house. that would probably save us money.















Finally got some artwork on the walls too. My EMINEM, JOAN OSBOURNE, and 50 CENT platinum records are on the wall now. Later, I got a few more of them hung up.

I feel bad though. we spent four days painting the walls...and now i'm punching holes in it!

Eventually, i got distracted by the Super Bowl and gave up on working. I guess i should have hooked up the cable LAST instead of doing it FIRST. whoops.