Hurley

Monday, January 30, 2006

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late...it's been a crazy combination of sickness and house-buying! haha. who would have thought that buying a house would eat up so much time, and we haven't even gotten to the crazy parts yet. here's whats been happening in the last couple o' weeks:

1. they accepted the offer we made for the house (i'd say the address, but you might show up...and i don't have enough nachos for everyone). We're moving in about 5 weeks. we're already glued to DIY and HGTV every night getting ideas for remodeling some of the rooms. The only major issue is the "1970's wood paneling" on a couple of the walls. yeah, that's gonna come down....fast. I've also commandeered the basement as my "guy room". i know the drumset is going down there (!), but not sure what else. probably a bar, entertainment area, studio, etc. as a happily married man, i won't put the stripper pole down there, i'll leave that to my freaky friends (matt, are you reading this????).

2. I'm debating whether or not to get implants to correct my eyesight. it's a new procedure, but looks good. I'm not sure yet. anybody ever had this done? email me at jeffhurley@993kissfm.com.

3. I''m LOVING the gym. it's been so fun getting back out and working out regularly again. I'm excited that i'm trimming up (165 pounds!). Hoping that i don't lose my motivation. ellie and i have different schedules and workouts, so we usually work out solo. i need to make some "elliptical buddies" so i 've got some peeps to "run" with. However, it would help if i wasn't blaring my iPod while i'm working out, it's kinda hard to talk to someone when Soundgarden's "Outshined" is blasting thru my headphones. haha.

3A. on a side note, is there a BETTER weight lifting song than OUTSHINED? great guitars, Matt Cameron on drums and Chris Cornell's voice peeling the paint on nearby walls. just great stuff. other killer workout songs? JUDITH by A Perfect Circle, STEP BACK by Shystie or BT's THE REVOLUTION. add to the list at jeffhurley@993kissfm.com. those are all good pump-up songs. I'm not a "meat-head" gym guy, but i do like to get pumped up a little when i lift. who doesn't? i wish i could work out at noon, because KARDIO KISS @ NOON sounds so good on the radio. I love that show. i always blare it in my office. i need to burn it to my iPod, except that's not legal. dammit. haha.

4. Is there something in the water? I kid you not...i know at least 6 people who are pregnant now! what the hell? c'mon people...they know what causes that! haha. I'm going to stock up on baby gifts, because i'll be needing a batch of them in about 6 months when everyone starts having these babies.

Ok, time to watch some HGTV. i need to figure out how to lay tile so i can redo the floor in my new kitchen. we're aiming for southwestern! wooohooo! My chili pepper cookie jar will look perfect! cant wait.

cheers