Hurley

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Looking forward to the weekend, because i'm headed north for a friend's birthday party. We're headed out in the limo for a night of fun in wilkes-barre. Its always fun to go back there. In case you didn't know, i lived in Wilkes-Barre for 2 years (1998-2000) while i worked at 97BHT. I barely ever get back to visit. I'm lucky if i get back once or twice a year. It's really a shame, because i love it up there. Yeah, i know W-B is kinda grimy and run-down, but it's a fun place too..and i've got a bunch of friends there.

Of course, i'll have to drive past my old house (83 dana st!) and see how it looks. God, i miss that place. not that it was really special, but the rent was great! Where else can you rent a 2 bedroom place with a dining room, living room and off-street parking for $375 a month???? That even included heat! Actually, it included too much heat. It had these old radiators that whistled and creaked all winter...and you couldn't turn them off! So i left the windows open in the living room all winter. The place was still hot inside.

I also had the TURKEY HILL on the corner to keep me safe. You see...downtown WB is a little sketchy..haha. The really scary part of town was up the road about a mile, but there was a turkey hill in between that place and my house. I figured that a would-be robber would hold-up the Turkey Hill instead of breaking into my house. That place got robbed every month, yet i never had a problem. see? i wasn't kidding! Turkey Hill kept my 'hood safe.