Hurley

Monday, February 06, 2006


Did the Steelers play like crap? YES. Did they benefit from some wierd-ass calls from the officials? YES. Did Big Ben finally look like a 2nd year quarterback instead of a 10 year veteran? YES. Does it matter anymore? NO.

For the first time, i can warmly bask in the glow of a Stillers' championship. Yes, they've won two others in my lifetime (78 and 79), but i wasn't able to adequately celebrate them from my stroller and crib.

OK, here's the rule..if you weren't cheering for the Steelers after they lost three in a row this year, you're not allowed back on the bandwagon. I've been here for 25 years, and i'm not giving up my seat. I have the MARK MALONE, BARRY FOSTER and KORDELL STEWART jerseys to prove my long-term commitment. This also proves my theory that i can ruin a player's career, just by purchasing his jersey. (hence, you'll never see me wearing one again!).

This has been the best sports year of my life. Steelers win, Penn State has a great year and Tony Stewart wins the NASCAR title. couldn't be much better. Maybe if the Penguins didn't suck or the Yankees would win a few more I'd be set, but i'm comfortable with this.

Go Steelers!