Hurley

Sunday, June 25, 2006

We decided to take the whole family up to the cottage for the weekend. the plan was simple:

eat....get a tan...relax. However, when we all get together...it doesn't turn out that way.
















the ladies were hard at work in the kitchen .
















With my family...there's no such thing as a "relaxing weekend". Since we were all at the lake, it was time to BUILD A BEACH. Yeah... wooo. We brought in a truckload of gravel and started shoveling. if "shoveling gravel" isn't your definition of fun, then you shouldn't go to the lake with my family.















Carrying buckets o' gravel. Who needs the gym?















Peter pushed the gravel out, and Dad and I moved it around. Yep...this was how i wanted to spend my weekend away!















Dad and I taking a breather from shoveling!















After we finished shoveling, Ellie took a break on the porchswing.
















Oh! Hello there. A turtle decided to come up to the shore and see what all the commotion was about. Kinda alarming, since i normally float around this lake on a raft. I don't wanna' be a "turtle appetizer."