Hurley

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Why do we pick the HOTTEST day of the year to do yardwork? Ugh. When i looked at the backyard today, i realized i HAD to mow it. damn. i stepped out back, and i couldn't see my shoes, the grass was that deep. Fine, I'll mow it. After chugging a bottle of water, i grabbed the mower. I think i almost killed the poor mower. I need one of those brush trimmer/mowers to get thru that hayfield.

What the hell is wrong with me? It's 93 degrees and humid! i should be inside with a glass of iced tea soaking up the air-conditioning. Instead, i think i sweated away 5 pounds in the backyard. Next spring, i'm installing Astroturf in the backyard. Forget this mowing.

Meanwhile, ellie decided to rip the weeds out of our flower bed. DId i say FLOWER BED? I meant "tropical jungle". There were weeds that were as tall as my Tiki Torches. Wow. I need to pay better attention to that. Why can we get weeds to grow, but can't get the damned rose bush to take off?

As if that wasn't enough, i went to the gym afterwards.

Is it wierd that i NEVER see the same people there? I always work out at about 8pm (LA Fitness on 22 if you care ...say HI if you run into me, i'm the guy with the freaky hair). You'd think after 8 months, i'd start seeing the same people...but no. It's like watching the weather channel, you NEVER see the same people twice. Maybe it's because everyone is getting healthy and thinner, so i don't recognize them. no, probably not. It's probably because i'm too busy looking at my Adonis-like physique in the mirror. haha. ok..really...maybe not. if i'm Adonis-like, then Adonis was a skinny white guy with fluffy hair. According to the mythology that i read, he was not.