Hurley

Monday, October 09, 2006

Today, i mourn the loss of a close friend. They haven't been doing well for the last few months...and i knew this day was coming. But it finally happened today. Tim walked into my office and told me the news an hour ago. I'm still speechless. My friend and i have been working together since 1998 in Rochester, and now they're gone.

Yes my friends...today i must bury my friend...my headphones are dead.














Yes, i lost teh little vinyl carrying bad years ago...and i replaced the cord 3 times...but these were still MY headphones...

Let us quietly bow our heads and remember the joy that these headphones have brought me. They were there on my final night in Rochester, as Kobe and I broadcasted live at Gotham City in our pajamas. They were with me in Wilkes-Barre and Philly. They have smelled the warm salt air in Panama City, FL...and even tasted the sweet success of Star in Erie. They lived a full life...and i feel blessed that they have caressed my ears with such sweet music for all these years.

More importantly, now i have to buy another pair of them...and it's a week til payday! dammit!