Hurley

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I meant to update this more regularly than once a week. But it didn't happen this week. Listen...it was almost 70 outside this weekend. Did you expect to spend 30 minutes in front of a computer screen when it's that nice outside? hardly.

This will be a shorter post than normal. I'm battling a cold bug and feel pretty drained. My mind isn't spinning at full speed today. The gerbil isn't completely off the wheel, but he's hanging on the side of it while it spins slowly.

Watched Russell Brand on Comedy Central this weekend. His MTV Awards show performance last year was horrid, but my god is he funny doing stand-up. If you don't like dry humor, skip him. I've always thought stand-up would be a really fun challenge. I'm not sure i'm committed enough to write a full 15-30 minutes of material, but i'd like to try. No worry about me hopping up in front of a crowd with a mic, i do that every day and all the time at events. I just need to corral my ADD brain and put together a routine. I need to add that to my 2009 bucket list.

Actually..i need to WRITE my 2009 bucket list first. Let's see:

- Fix my Wrangler so i can drive topless this summer

- write stand-up routine

- use every vacation day i have coming

- Convince Alex to let me do one weekend airshift on 96.1 KISS in Pittsburgh, and Laura to let me do one weekend airshift on B104 in Allentown. That way, i'll have been on the air in every major radio market in Pennsylvania.

- paint kitchen

- spend a full week at the cottage and finally get the dock built

- insulate, rewire and renovate the loft and move my master bedroom up there.

- take my parents sightseeing in DC or Philly for the day

- add one more station to my roster

- Open a Roth IRA and complete my retirement plan, so i'm not just relying on my 401K.

- paint the carport

- learn to make Coconut Shrimp and dipping sauce like they serve at Red Lobster


That's good. If i think of anything else, i can add it later.